Monday, March 26, 2012

Tangled

Last week my little Miss turned 5 years old, this weekend we had her birthday bash, Tangled style! Here are the highlights.

It was quite a labor creating a 50ft braid, it was worth it though We will be keeping this along with the paintings, my favorite part of their birthday parties is having something to remember them with, our cranes, butterflies, fish and planets all still around floating from the ceiling somewhere in the house. :)

If you haven't seen the movie, the pub they visit is called The Snuggly Duckling, in retrospect I wish I would have painted the letters as well. Homemade sign, cardboard pencil and and paint!

Keith and I spent all night wrapping this "hair" around the place to resemble when she runs through her castle with her hair trailing behind her getting tangled in rafters and what not. On the walls you can see the Pin the Pan on Flynn game we made(but forgot to play!) and the purple banner flags we cut out and painted.

Peeps for the Snuggly Duckling and Mandarin Oranges as boats floating in water, Rapunzel is keeping watch :)
 The official tangled tower birthday cake with flower cupcakes surrounding it. I did not foresee every kid wanting a cupcake with a purple flower on it. 


We also attempted duplicating the painting Rapunzel paints on her wall in the movie of the floating lanterns, Yuliya was excited by it. 

I also braided yellow rope wrapped in purple duct tape to create a tug of war.
The kids are excited waiting for guests to arrive. I thought they kind of looked like the picture of Rapunzel and  Flynn above them.

Tug of war was to be had, it was short lived and pretty much a bust, I did catch a video of it though that I will be posting shortly :)


Sounds about right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...