Thursday, January 12, 2012

Just a little more...

We all love gifts right? They are even better if they are for no reason or unexpected. Like when I come into work and my very best friend has brought me breakfast. Or when one of the kids makes me a "choo choo train" that he is so very proud of. When we get home from a long day and there's a package waiting there...even if you ordered it yourself but just forgot about it. (I love mail, I fully support post offices and wish mail came every day, not just Monday-Saturday.)

Most gifts though come from people we know and care about and/or who care about us.  So a while back I started leaving notes in and around places/things for people I might not ever meet or connect with. A gift to a stranger hoping to at least make them smile. As part of my personal new years goal...I am going to step it up as well as.... ask you to leave a few too.

So this is what I do.
When I have down time I write a few of these suckers.
(This is part of my and Heather's latest guerrilla messaging)

Then I leave them in places like this.
 and this
 And even for the sleepy parents reading to their children

I imagine them being read and hopefully they will make their readers smile to themselves or have a moment to be a little more introspective. I hope receiving a gift from a stranger provides at least some of them with at least a moment of happiness.  I know it would put me in the moment to find one. It's not that difficult...I believe in you. Feel free to email me pictures of yours :)


The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. ~Mark Twain

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! I leave mini-notes in Tanner's lunch or luggage when going to dads. So Tanner and I are going to start this -- we shall join you on the quest to make others smile!!!

    P.S. I'm borrowing some of your quotes. Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...