Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Salsa

I would like to say I am always happy to receive emails and comments in response to my posts. I love hearing every one's thoughts, advice or cheer leading.  I am especially thankful for yesterday's responses to my post. To hear from others that feel the same and/or offered stories and support in group emails or private emails they all mean a lot. Thank you.
Side note: this picture does it absolutely no justice, but I hope if you live in Houston you were able to watch the sunrise this morning. The sky was unquestionably brilliant.


Do you find yourself wondering about....


Well even if you don't I am committed to telling you. Muhaha.


On Saturday night we settled in for an all night salsa making event and this is how it went.
First we made Salsa broiled with goat cheese,

then we ate it while we made the others.
 It was decent, but I have to say I prefer my Chevre on bread with honey or grilled fruit.


Next we made Blueberry Salsa
This was pretty tasty, we ate it with chips. Having such a sweet taste I think it might pair better with Salmon or some other Main dish.


Next up was Black Bean and Corn Salsa

It is hard to go wrong with black beans and corn, it was very undeniably gobbled up entirely the day we made it. We will definitely make this again but this time add jalapeno peppers. hopefully from the garden and maybe on top of over easy eggs.








Finally we made a Feta Salsa which went great with sea salt bagel chips, but would also be great as a spaghetti dressing or main dish topping.

It's not quite as photogenic as the others...
I could not find fresh cranberries so that will need to wait. Having tasted it from Kay I can tell you already it is a keeper.

This was not the only thing we did this weekend. Oh no! We also gathered camping gear for the kids, worked in the garden and veggie beds. It was one of those weekends you walk away from feeling the high of accomplishing so much, proud, excited and happy. Also one where you walk away dreading mopping the now muddy floors from all of the yard work and soldier trailing my every move. I am however looking forward to a great harvest this year, so far we have the following in the ground and growing happily:
Onions, Shallots, Garlic, Carrots, Pumpkin, Red Potato, English Peas, Green Beans, Lima Beans, Cucumber, Spinach, Lettuce, Blueberry Bushes and Okra. More to come in the following weeks!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...