Friday, February 10, 2012

A full day of rain

It started raining here last night and is forecast to rain all day today. 
Beautiful isn't it?
For me rain means my dog whimpering at all hours of the night because the thought of raindrops is completely horrifying(he's an inside dog) Do you think rain is the dog equivalent of a general fear of needles that seems to be common in humans?
It means not wanting to get out of bed, and feeling oh so tired as I drive to work with a pitch black sky and soothing rain.  This of course means rainy skies directly result in my choice to ditch green tea for coffee this morning.
Waking up to the rain meant I should make the wise decision to wear contacts instead of glasses(and I am), as my glasses are an awful vision source when covered in raindrops. 
 It means I do not need to water my plants today, rain all day means I probably won't need to water them all weekend. Thanks lovely winter sky for breaking and giving me a break this weekend!
Rain means there's no point in mopping today as I had planned, too many animals and children will be tracking mud in.
And last but not least Rain for me means reciting the first 6 pages of Cat in the Hat in my head....most likely.. all day. 
"The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house. All that cold, cold, wet day. 
I sat there with Sally. We sat there, we two. And I said "How I wish we had something to do!"
Too wet to go out and too cold to play ball. So we sat in the house. We did nothing at all.
So all we could do was Sit! Sit! Sit! Sit! 
And we did not like it. Not one little bit.
And then Something went BUMP! How that Bump made us Jump!
We looked! Then we saw him step in on the mat! We looked! And we saw him! The Cat in the Hat! 
And he said to us, "Why do you sit there like that? I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny. But we can have lots of good fun that is funny!"
One could say reading Cat in the Hat every night has it's consequences....


What does rain mean for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...