Thursday, April 26, 2012

Week 9



I just love when babies stuff their whole hand in their mouth with that look of determination.
Go Cameron!

Ceiling is finally finished! This was my off the wall idea we weren't really 100% that it would work out. The contractor was wholly against the recessed ceiling in the kitchen referring to it as a grave.  He was convinced we needed to cover it. He wanted to put in fluorescent lights and cover it with a diffuser...much like you see in an office building or at a school.
I was wholly against making any room in my house feel like an office.
So I stared up at the ceiling for a long long time and finally decided it needed to just look like we welcomed the recess not that it was just...there. 
So that's what I did.
Framed in tin ceiling tiles and we were set. Keith and I both ended up loving it, even the kids like it. 
Yuliya told me the other day that she didn't want us to make anymore rooms in the house new for a long long time. I guess she's tired of the disturbances too.
Today marks the end of week 8, now onto week 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...