Friday, August 10, 2012

What the

Things that make you exclaim....What the Frank.
A few weeks ago I was on the phone with Keith as I was gazing at my beautiful Turks Cap Bush in the atrium and  I actually said "Oh I can't wait for you to get home and look at the Turks Cap, it did something completely bizzarre....A very thick stalk has formed before each flower."
And as I tilt in for a better view I realize its bugs!! Blegh and my skin is instantly crawling watching these bleghy bugs sitting there destroying my bright happy Turks Cap...just munching away.


Those my friends would be mealybugs.....I had never seen one before and then bam they infested a single turks cap plant one day. They spared every other plant in the atrium and yard, why, how? Where did they come from? Most importantly....get rid of them!!!

They were killing the beautiful humming bird bush!
Something had to be done!

So I immediately researched and shopped  and used sprays and hoses. Two spray bottles lost their lives in the process.
It was messy..

But in the end we were able to rid our atrium of these very unwelcome intruders and all was right in the world again...rest assured.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...